Thursday 11 September 2008

Backstage and name dropping at THE BLONDS






New York fashion week tends to be a bit seemingly boring at times. All shows thrown by MAO never seem to fail me. Last night if you missed Phillipe and David Blond's runway costume design extravaganza,then you missed out big. and I'm not just talking about the actual show. The crowd was equally important,the front row was filled with every hot fashionista brat in the business. Pat Field sat front row with shades on, yielding the flashing cameras. World famous Amanda Lepore was up front in her frilly pink frock,when the spotlight wasn't on here then it was on Andre J. No true MAO fashion show is absolutely complete without the legendary Warhol superstar Sylvia Miles with the Baroness Sherry von Korber-Bernstein and her feathered hats!!!

But enough party talk. I want to praise the Blond's for spicing up fashion week with their blingged out corsets,jeweled flesh toned bathing suits and feathered goods.

Thank you Coutorture for supplying pictures from the show.





This glammed up show was heavily accented with the finest jewels designed by Ramona Boucher,her couture jewelry line is called BASTION. I stumbled upon the table and chatted up with Ramona herself. To my surprise she told me that she designed that famous to die for rose diamond ring that Samantha owned on "Sex in the City" the movie!!! I told her a little bit about my baby headband company Angel Lust,and she said "Well maybe you and I should get together and design some head pieces together",My jaw dropped as she slipped me her business card. All I could think was "PROMISE???"...

She handed me one of her gorgeous rocks on a ring and said try it on,OMG was it hard to take off. Her good friend Chad helped me out in that area. Take a closer look at the beautiful rocks in his hands.



All the models where clad in blond wigs naturally,and their nails where even decked out like a disco ball with the help of Creative Nail Designs.

The crow clapped ridiculously hard as super model Alek walk out but it was nothing compared to the applause Phillipe Blond got himself as he strutted the runway at the end.

This was a true fashion moment that hasn't happened since Teri Toye hit the scene in the 80's.


Here is one of the little models backstage getting her hair undone.


Here's me with my crazy Japanese vixen hair dresser Ayumie. She's been working at the Patricia Field hair Salon for like 13 years now and anyone I send to her they leave happy and go back for more. Mention my name "KRISTEN" and you just might get the girlfriend discount...But no promises!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment