Sunday 8 February 2009

More literary/movie characters

Beatrice
Beatrice - by silentspring on Polyvore.com

I just finished reading Purgatorio, in which Dante travels through Purgatory with Virgil and, at the end, meets up with Beatrice, his love. She is a vision, but she speaks sternly with him, trying to impart maximum knowledge in a minimal amount of time. Honestly, I didn't really like her character -- but I definitely had fun coming up with an outfit for her. Since she's in heaven, I was looking for wing earrings, but found these ones that look like harps. I had originally put her in a white dress, but then I remembered that blue is considered a holy color (that's why Mary is often wearing blue in religious paintings). Dante meets her in a Garden of Eden-like place, so the rest of her jewelry is leaflike.

Juliet
Juliet - by silentspring on Polyvore.com

This may be one of my favorites. Here's Juliet, not looking very girly at all, except for that frilly shirt. I picked the puff shorts because they remind me of what the male actors were wearing in Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet. My Juliet is a tough girl, so she wears flat boots and carries a messenger bag. Lace tights for a touch of romance, a "letter" clutch (for all that miscommunication), and finally, a vial of "Poison." Gosh, I crack myself up.

When you're a Jet...
When you're a Jet... - by silentspring on Polyvore.com


Finally, this one is inspired by the one female character in the Jet gang from West Side Story. Some rugged jewelry that'll come in handy for a fight, the requisite leather jacket and sleeveless shirt for the "neighborhood tough" look, and jeans and Converse sneakers for the ultimate comfort when hopping fences and fighting Sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment