Wednesday 4 March 2009

A Night with Allison Pierce


I had the privileged of watching the lovely Allison Pierce debut her solo act last night.



When I first read that The Pierce's are taking a break for a bit to embark on their solo careers,my first thought was Noooooo!,I can't wait to hear what they both whip up on their own. Clearly mixed feelings. I think artist such as the sister act will inevitably play together forever so it is way healthy to give one artistic space,grow individually,then bring back all the strengths one has learned individually and feed each other those components.

Sister Catherine Pierce is not completely void of this project,there are some songs indeed that she helped Allison write.



Anyway at The Living Room in NYC's LES Allison Pierce debuted some beautiful songs that are reminiscent of her southern roots. As a solo artist she plays acoustic guitar the whole time while singing in that pretty powerful voice of her's. Violist Gillian Lewis is still there gracefully accenting every song with her brilliance,as is Allison's husband on guitar,and Russell Simmin's on drums. A pianist was added to the band and bassist Josh Lattanzi (my neighbor) drops in every once in awhile to add to a song.



I hope she records this soon and releases it on itunes,because the video I took for "I Shot My Lover In the Head",and "I Love My Technology" have been a hit on youtube,But somehow all their die hard fans find away to contact me and ask where they can buy the songs,why is it not on itunes,when will the new record be out? Since between those 2 videos have been released there is almost 20,000 hits,so you do the math and round off how many messages my inbox have been filled with.

No comments:

Post a Comment