Tuesday 11 August 2009

I would like to introduce to some, but i'm sure if you've been on Lookbook you know the name and the face. Julia "Jewels" Monson a.k.a 'BO" one of the top queens of LOOKBOOK...now she is about to take over the blogspot relm of fashion... with her self titled blog JULIA-MONSON...check her out and join her world...
how and when did you get introduced to fashion? Hmm, I'd have to say through modeling was how I was introduced to fashion. However I was never really 'introduced' to fashion, I mean, at the age of 5 I was fighting with my Mother over wanting to wear pink frilly tutus to Kindergarden. I think choosing what I wear has always been with me, modeling just made me pay attention to trends and styles more in depth. how long have you been modeling? Since I was 14, only until now am I starting to take it more seriously. how do you discribe your style? My Style is always based on my mood, and my mood is always changing. I can't really describe it other than that. what made you start posting you pictures online? Ahh, to be honest, It was Hannah Sider on lookbook that got me inspired to actually put some of my stuff up. I used to (still) marvel at what she does with Thrift shop items and how she can make ugly pieces into the most beautiful accessories. Also, my photographer friend, Victoria showed me the site and I was addicted instantly. what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world? I don't really know what I bring to it, but my main goal would be to inspire. how is your style different than everyone else? Its not, to be honest. I always try to be fearless--but follow the trends at the same time. Putting my own spin on original ideas to make them original is what I aim for. who is your
inspiration? Right now I'd have to say Agyness deyn (model), my Aunt and Artist, Grace Short, and Sir Karl Lagerfeld. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog? That Fashion and art breathe from the same set of lungs.


J.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment