Thursday 21 January 2010

how did you come up with the name of your blog I took the name of my blog from lyrics to a song I like called "Stories Hollywood Never Tells" by Sworn-In. I wanted something that sounded quite edgy and was easy to remember so that repeat visitors to my blog would be able to find it easily. Damaged Youth
when where you introduced to fashion
I'd love to say I've always been interested in fashion but in all honesty, i have only took an interest over the past few years. Despite my interest in fashion, I started a degree in Law at the University of Leeds but it soon became clear that it wasnt the path that i wanted to follow and i did'nt really fit the stereotype of the way someone in the legal profession should look/dress. I was encouraged to "tone down" my look to blend in at law conventions and meetings which was something i resented! I changed direction completely and I am now doing a course in Fashion and Textile Retailing at the University of Manchester. I love the course as it involves the sketching, designing and constructing of my own garments as well as opportunities to go to clothes shows and Fashion Week.
how do you describe your style I would describe my style as very casual, feminine with an edge! I love to team cute floral dresses with leather jackets and biker boots or elegant lace with acid wash denim- anything that you would expect not to work together! I think my style is also quite gothic, i love heavily studded detailing and ripped, distressed clothing. what made you start a fashion blog Although I wouldnt necessarily class my tumblr as a "fashion blog", my posts are predominantly fashion-based with pictures of outfits I like and clothes I would love to own! I decided to start a blog as a sort of diary, in which I can keep track of current trends and my take on them. It is somewhere for me to post pictures of outfits I like so that I can introduce some aspects of them into my own style. If other people like and follow my posts, thats a bonus! what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world I'd like to think i present my view of fashion and current trends to the reader in a visually appealing way. I plan to always keep it up to date with current trends and both designers and models to watch. My blog may bring something a bit different into the fashion blog world as it doesnt focus solely on clothing but photography and music as well. I think there is something for everyone, even if the reader doesnt have a keen interest in fashion, they may still enjoy my blog.
how is your style different than everyone else I think my style is quite individual to me as i am influenced by many different aspects of life, from music to photography shoots and catwalk shows. I try not to buy from high street stores too often as there is nothing worse than seeing someone in the same outfit as you! I buy from ebay and vintage stores as well as customising my clothes at home. I buy studs and add them to bags, boots and jackets to create individual pieces that no one else has! I think its really important to own a few key designer pieces as they add class to any oufit. I couldn't live without my Burberry Manor bag, my Alexander McQueen scarf or my Vivienne Westwood jewellery. I think that mixing high street with designer makes any outfit look more expensive! who is your inspirationI am inspired by Alexander Wang as a designer, his collection personifies my style perfectly. I love the way he pairs casual staple pieces such as vests and shorts with structured, tailored blazers giving a sophisticated rock-chick look! I also love Balmain, the military style jackets and acid wash jeans are amazing!
I try not to idolise celebrities for the way they dress, it makes me mad when the media call people like Cheryl Cole and Victoria Beckham "Style Icons" as they have stylists telling them what to wear! Anyone could look that way if they had enough money! However, at the moment I love Taylor Momsens style and of course the Olsens. They manage to look effortlessly stylish in the most casual of clothes! what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog I'd like my blog to leave readers with the impression that I have my own unique style influenced by high fashion but recreated at a much lower price! I regularly post pictures of my outfits from my LookBook page which has information on where i purchase all my clothes. I hope everyone enjoys reading my posts as much as I enjoy creating them! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment