Thursday 20 May 2010

"How To" Beyonce Inspired Updo - Video


Let Ford Models stylist Johnny Lavoy show you how to get Beyonce's inspired updo in less than 5 minutes.


Stylist Tip:

Put a little gel on a regular toothbrush and smooth over the flyaway and baby hairs to achieve a real slicked back look. The toothbrush is definitely a regular in every professional hair stylist kit, make it part of yours too.


Whilst I love what Johnny Lavoy created in this video, and yes, it really is that easy, I feel it works better for women with black African hair as the so called "crepe" hair used is similar in texture to their natural hair structure.
When I did this for a photoshoot last year, I was not happy with how "crimped" the braid looked. It did not resemble the structure of the European model's own hair, therefore next time I would probably opt to use a separate hair braid made of non-crepe material to wrap around as a finish.
In Dubai I buy my crepe hair from La Femme Beauty Salon in Jumeirah Beach Centre and my real and/or synthetic hair pieces from Karkafi on Al Mina road.


Video Credit: www.Fordmodels.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment