Tuesday 27 July 2010

This is what I'd dress like...



...if I ever went shopping.


Rather, I think I'm shopping in the wrong stores. I prefer a futuristic, space age, modern look like shown above, but I rarely accomplish that in my day-to-day dress. That is to say, I don't really have a set "style". I've harped on this before, so I don't want to get too into detail with this again, but I think I'm getting better with time. (Disclaimer: I don't think it's necessary to have a set style, but I would like to have a trademark, y'know?)


On a side note, I'm getting into Polyvore again. I got sick of it for a while, but I think I've been bitten by the bug again.
Anyway, the reason I said I think I'm getting better is that I feel that most of what I own, I really like. There's nothing that makes me feel or look fat/lumpy/frumpy, most of it fits me well, and it's pretty! By pretty, I don't mean girly and flowery -- though I do have some of that stuff -- I mean that it's all visually appealing to me. Some of it is edgy like in the photo above (loose shirts a la A.Wang, rugged wedge heels, etc.), some of it is decidedly more girly (lace dresses from the Target x Rodarte collection, a few skirts*)... but I think it's all falling together, finally.


*And I mean a few. I own, like, 5 skirts max. 2 of which fit me.


What about you guys? Do you ever struggle with your "look"? Am I overthinking it (the true sign of a Virgo)? What is your wardrobe like?

No comments:

Post a Comment