Thursday 23 September 2010

how did you come up with the name of your blog I always dreamt of one day having my own boutique stocking different designer ranges and my own designs, Id toyed with the name In the Magpie's Nest... as magpies love treasure.. sparkly shiny things.. kinda like me.. when i decided to start a blog I wanted to use this name in some way, so i took on the character the Magpie Girl. when where you introduced to fashion Ive always loved fashion since i was kid and i rummaged through my grannies jewelery boxes and tried on my mums lipstick.. My mum and grandparents where always very stylish and I guess that's how i fell in love with clothes... how do you describe your style Quirky, feminine and probably too over loaded with prints and patterns. what made you start a fashion blog I finished my degree in fashion management and went straight into work, I loved my job in fashion but i missed the creative side of my degree..talking to my peers about fashion, finding new designers, experimenting with photography..so I thought a blog would be a great creative outlet that i felt i was lacking... what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world I bring myself.. nothing more nothing less.. my own personal fashion journal.. any outfit on my blog i have worn..i didn't just put it on for a photograph, i worked and lived for that day in that outfit.. I show how to be fashionable and yourself on a normal working girls budget..without being able to afford designer brands...i hope i also bring some fun and humor to my posts too... how is your style different than everyone else hhmmmm...now that's a good question! my style is different because its dressy yet casual, feminine but not girlie.. my style is a red headed girl from Ireland trying to work it in pieces from the high street and styling it in a way that it doesn't look like high street head to toe.. who is your inspiration My list is never ending but Ill try and keep it short! Scarlett O'hara from Gone with the Wind, Ashley Olsen, Jessica Alba, Vivienne Westwood and Carey Mulligan.. to name a few! what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog A light hearted take on fashion. I want people to smile when they read my words, and think huh that's interesting..ill have to stop by again! who is your favorite design Marc Jacobs. what piece is a must have in your closet For winter... a camel cape and flat black biker boots to rock the grungy look..

No comments:

Post a Comment