Tuesday 14 September 2010

New York Fashion Week, Part 2 (ADAM, Christian Cota, Ruffian, United Bamboo, A Detacher, Vena Cava)

More goodies from New York Fashion Week!

I guess we'll be seeing a lot of warm weather leather come springtime! Here in DC, I don't think that's a good idea, what with all the humidity... but one can dream, right? Anyway, other highlights at ADAM are khaki colors and lace. All together, this collection gives me a pastoral, go frolic in the fields kind of feeling. Not that I do that or anything...


For a label named Ruffian, the clothes in this spring collection are anything but. I'm not sure how I feel about all the satin that was being used here, but hey. Things I did like: the 70's/military influence, high waistlines, and gold hardware.

I wouldn't call United Bamboo a particularly trendy brand, but it certainly has a distinct look. This season, the same attention to construction is there, mixed with naturalistic/nature-inspired fabrics and color palette. If I had to peg United Bamboo as a certain look, I think I'd say "former schoolgirl". There's something very uniform-like about their clothes, but without the stuffiness. The person who wears United Bamboo is probably a little whimsical, and certainly isn't afraid of color. Long story short, I'm a big, big fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment