Friday 15 October 2010

Paris Fashion Week (Azzaro, Anne Valerie Hash, Cerruti, Carven, Yohji Yamamoto, Haider Ackermann, Gareth Pugh, Pedro Lourenco, Junya Watanabe)

Apparently these were supposed to be grown-up versions of a little girl's party dresses. I can definitely see that in the first (my favorite!) and last dresses. The others, not so much.

This was probably one of my favorite collections from Paris this season. I really like the mild, soft palette and the flowing construction of most of the garments.


I hadn't heard of Carven before, but this was certainly one of the most striking collections from Spring 2011. Absolutely love the built in tied sweater around the collar on the fourth dress, and the handkerchief hem on the second.

I absolutely love these dresses. Not exactly every day clothing, but they'd make for some good costumes. I'm seeing Helena Bonham-Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange or as the pie lady from Sweeney Todd (what was her name again?).



Not my favorite collection by Pugh by far, but interesting nonetheless. Love the shape of the last dress/top/coat/what the hell is it??


Scary faceless mannequins, but wonderful striped clothing and pretty/manly oxfords go together quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment