Monday 20 December 2010

how did you come up with the name of your blog “Dirty Hair Halo” is the name of one of my favorite Black Crowes songs. In thinking of a name for my blog I didn’t want to use the words “style” or “fashion” because it’s too obvious and cheesy. I like the name “Dirty Hair Halo” because it reminds me of a grungy hippie without saying so. It just fits.
when were you introduced to fashion In one word: Barbie. how do you describe your style Contradictive- i.e. Feminine with a sprinkle of gent, and boho with a dose of grunge. what made you start a fashion blog My husband made the suggestion that I start taking pictures of my outfits after noting I never wear the same outfit combination twice. A couple years later I was inspired by Karla’s Closet and Fashion Toast and started my blog in October 2009. It’s also a somewhat anonymous (internet-wise) outlet for me to satisfy my creative and completely self-indulgent/self-centered tendencies.what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world I’d like to think I represent Minneapolis as a fun and creative city. Many people who’ve never been here think it’s a boring fly over city with nothing here and they’re completely wrong. Minneapolis is an artistic, forward-thinking and fashionable city, and I’m a product of that.how is your style different than everyone else I wouldn’t say my style is completely different nor the same as anyone else. I gather inspiration from the street, the fashion blogging community, magazines, my friends and my own somewhat tacky taste in second hand clothes. I put everyone else’s ideas into a big mixer with my own and just let it happen. who is your inspiration The entire fashion blogging community and Mary Kate Olsen. I love that b*tch. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visit your blog Fashion has a sense of humor and everyday is a perfect day to have fun with the way you look. who is your favorite designer I don’t focus on any one designer in particular, in fact I’m not very familiarized with them. I don’t place any great importance on labels or brands. I’m more of a thrifter, and with that said I prefer to shop locally at second-hand clothing exchange stores. what piece is a must have in your closet My black fedora. It makes everything from girly dresses to boyfriend blazers look that much cooler.
chictopia,
bloglovin,
join blogarithm

No comments:

Post a Comment