Monday 14 March 2011

Latest Photoshoot: Beauty Shoot with photographer Martin Beck and Model Hana Nitsche incl. "How To" Makeup


There are a number of models I just adore ... German model Hana Nitsche is one of them. Inside and outside such a beautiful person. 
When she was last in Dubai we got together very impromptu and shot some Beauty with the incredibly talented and edgy Dr. Martin Beck (frequently spotted wearing scrubs ... shooting loads of Hospital Ads recently). It was such a lovely day!
From a makeup point of view I wanted to expand my book with some, what we call here in Dubai, modern "European" fashion inspired Beauty, for me this meant demonstrating more experimental eye makeup combined with flawless beautifully contoured skin and a nude lip. 

HOW TO "bleached but not bleached brows"

Instead of bleaching brows, I used an alternative method. 
I filled one of my disposable mascara wands with foundation, I used RCMA cream foundation on Hanna. Using my wand I brushed the foundation into the brows - up and down & back and forth until all hairs were evenly covered, then I set and further concealed it with MAC Mineralize powder et voila finished.
A talented retoucher will do the rest and the effect is the same as bleaching, without putting your model through the hassle of bleaching. 



The second look we shot centered around tiny beads which were glued to the face.

HOW TO: glueing near the eyes

The methods for glueing objects onto a face are endless, my two favorite glues for Beauty shoots are Kryolan Glitter Gel in clear (near the eye) and Ben Nye Glitter Glue (everywhere but the eye). So, in Hana's case I obviously used the Glitter Gel to keep her eyes safe and free from stinging. It worked great, the beads stuck to it perfectly and I could place numerous beads at once saving time. 
The only downside of the gel is, looking at the unretouched photographs in "super-zoom mode" which makeup artists frequently do when examining other makeup artists work :) not excluding myself, that the glue leaves a tiny bit of shiny residue wherever it is not covered by a bead and, hence, again, our retoucher needed to help out here. Thanks Tamzin :)

Thank you Hana & Martin for these incredible photographs!








No comments:

Post a Comment